Friday, May 10, 2013

Modern Family 4x22

PLOT SUMMARY
Mitchell's ex boyfriend is hosting a fundraiser at a rollerskate ring and invited his whole family.When Cam found out Mitchell's family is still keeping in touch with his ex-boyfriend Teddy, he got jealous and feel cheated. Meanwhile, Jay offered Claire a job at his company. Although Claire refused the offer initially for fear of disappointing him, she accepted it later. When Phil found out Gloria doesn't know how to skate, he took it upon himself to teach her. Their lessons lead to Phil banging into a car's side mirror and having his pants pulled down in public before Gloria could finally skate.

Manny and Luke are tasked to write an essay on "Hero". While Luke wrote about Claire, Manny spends the whole episode trying to figure out which of his family member he should write. Throughout the episode, he observed the quirks of his family and cancelled them out one by one. 

Also, Haley decided to go back to school.

FUNNY MOMENTS
PERSON OF THE HALF HOUR
None.
I'm not saying none of the cast is good. In fact, they are really good. But this section is meant for actor/actress that struck me during the show. And in this episode, that did not happen. Possibly because I've grown accustomed to the show that I've become numb to the cast's acting.
Again, the cast did a fantastic job. I just couldn't find one that stands out. 

WELL...
Previously I felt they were dragging Claire's return to the workplace. But in this episode, she finally got a job in her father's company. Having Claire work under Jay is interesting and I'm sure would be hilarious to watch. Maybe Claire would take over the company someday in the future and earn much more than Phil? That would be interesting.

This is an enjoyable episode. I especially like the parts where Manny observed each member's flaws and cancelled him/her out in his notebook. It made me noticed the flaws in them that I have never noticed before. His essay getting a C- after all the nice things he said about his family made me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment